Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What Do You Think?

Busy day, busy week, busy past 2 months! My wonderful wife has held together the household for the past couple of months while my work has been dragging me across the United States. I've crossed the Continental Divide 4 times in a Chevy Tahoe, and 2 times in an airplane over the past couple of months in order to install and start-up one very small compressor in the Northwest extremities of Colorado. We started it today. Tomorrow I head from Grand Junction, CO to Little Rock, AR for another 2 projects that I have in the Searcy area. These are much larger projects and both mark milestones in my young Natural Gas career. So, once again Holly keeps the house together and keeps the things running at home. I expect to be at home more over the next couple of weeks as we close on a new home in Edmond - which we are truly excited about. It is a beautiful house.

This next part is a little bit of a brain-dump. There has been a lot on my mind today regarding the inauguration...

Okay - so, back to the title.... What Do You Think? Did the Inauguration scare you or excite you? Let me say - I did not watch the inauguration due to the aforementioned reasons, but I think Obama is a gifted speaker. He says what people want to hear, and I compare this to our previous President (note the usage of names vs. title here) - our President said what he meant. Do you believe the war in Iraq and Afghanistan was a disaster? Do you believe everything the media puts on your TV screen nightly? I believe we survived 9/11 because of our resolve and the LEADERSHIP that our President showed. Do you believe intelligence was really that wrong to attack Iraq? or do you believe that our President is being made out to be the scape-goat... or will the real reasons for the attacks will come out in 50 or so years when it's all declassified? Does our nation trust in God or do we do it when it's convenient or when it sounds good? (We know the answer to that one.)

Okay - so, What Do I Think? Today was a great sign of progress for civil rights case. I'm not sure that should be an issue though. This is now - that was then. I pray that Obama can lead our nation, and I pray that he will call on God for wisdom and guidance. Looking ahead, I think there will be further liberties taken with our rights. I think our President had it right. I think we saved thousands, if not millions, in Iraq. I think we will see an increase in terrorist activities after today's inauguration. I think there will be a huge test for Obama, aside from the financial state of the Union. I think our focus in this world in the wrong place. That is what I think. I think we are in big trouble. I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: