Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Countdown Continues!

Well, we are down to 18 days now, but the photo is of Holly at about 21 days. It's hard to believe that Brooklyn could pop out at any moment now!
Our friends, Amanda and Jeff are 7 days away from their due date which is hard to believe as well. We can't wait to hear their story after Baby Kate arrives!

We made some changes to the blog, which may take a little getting used to. I received some feedback that pictures in earlier postings may have looked distorted, but I adjusted some of the programming code - so hopefully most of that has been corrected.
The way this blog template lays the posts out is different from the last. This one posts a summary and a picture on the page. In order to read our entire posting click on the title. By clicking on the title you will be able to open the entire post and be able to see all of the posts and all of the photos if there are more than one. Yesterday, we lost some of our friends & family links with the new template, but I have most of them back now.

Our weekend was very nice - yesterday we woke up and I mowed the lawn while Holly ran some errands. She returned from her errands and said that we have the nicest lawn on the street. I think she's biased, but it is pretty darn nice! We spent most of the afternoon lounging in the 'man room' flipping through blog templates. (We have our secondary computer tied into one of the big screen TVs, so we can both view it from the comfort of our big cozy chair!)
Today we woke up to rain, so we snoozed the alarm and went back to sleep for a little while. We went to Sunday School after we finally crawled out of bed... that was tough! This afternoon we walked through some of the neighborhood homes that are for sale just to see what was they looked like. So, all in all - it was a very low-key weekend.

So, what else is new... I took the first steps in writing my book yesterday. I will write it in a series of blog postings. This will take the better part of the rest of my life I'm afraid :) I downloaded a ton of Navy photos last night and began sorting through them. Holly viewed a part of a DVD this afternoon - she had never seen this DVD full of photos, 1 hour later we were only an eighth of the way through the disc... I'm excited about the new blog - which is not really a blog, it's more like the history channel I suppose - all past tense.
The blog: www.thebootswewore.blogspot.com will be accessible by login & password - so if you would like to follow please let me know. Along the way I may ask several of the guys to provide a synopsis of certain serious events like Operation Sea Dragon, the attack on USS Firebolt, the attack on Al Basra Oil Terminal, Compliant Boardings, Iran and shipboard routine. I may also have some comment on less serious events like favorite port calls, favorite shipboard meals, movie nights in the Wardroom, and other Sea Stories.

1 comment:

Casey and Kimberly said...

Just getting used to all the changes... looks good!
Holly looks so happyand still has a beautiful glow. I can't belive how close it is. I understand your excitment!!! Please make sure we are on the phone list for when the Brooklyn joins us in this world! We love you!!!