Sunday, January 3, 2010

Once Upon a Blue Moon...


Happy New Year! We were able to celebrate the end of 2009 with a Blue Moon this year! What a way to end the year. 
Holly and I celebrated the end of 2009 by cooking a wonderful meal at home. We served our Salmon and Sweet Potatoes on our china. Holly and I managed to see the wee hours of 2010, but Brooklyn waited until the next morning to greet 2010.
We had a tremendous 2009, and we hope yours was equally as great.
Holly and I put our heads together and drafted our Top 9 in 2009... I hope we didn't forget anything major... :)

Top 9 in 2009
  1. Brooklyn Nicole arrived on 8/8 - what all started as good intentions for my birthday celebration dinner turned into an incredible birthday gift!
  2. Moved into our first "House" - we sold our townhome in Las Colinas, TX and moved into our first House after living in 2 different apartment complexes the previous year.
  3. Thanksgiving and Christmas at our House - we celebrated both Thanksgiving and Christmas at our house this year. Truly a special time for Holly and I to get to host our families.
  4. Fredericksburg, TX - we celebrated our "baby-moon" in the greatest state in the Union - Texas. The bluebonnets were sparse due to the drought, but it was a wonderful get-away.
  5. Washington, DC - Holly came to visit me in DC while I was away for some training. We took in all of the sites and treated ourselves to some great accommodations.
  6. College Station / Messina Hof - Holly and I traveled to College Station for a friend's wedding at Messina Hof with Brooklyn. This was Brooklyn's first trip to the Motherland. We saw great friends from Houston and Indianapolis and LOVED the wedding! Did I ever say that having a wedding at a vineyard is a great idea? Great Idea.
  7. Columbia, MO - Holly and I traveled to Columbia, MO to see Hillary, Justin, and little Zoe. We had a great time and really loved the tour Justin gave of the Mizzou campus.
  8. Lost Pines / Gruene Hall / Grist Mill - we took a weekend trip to the Lost Pines Resort with Holly's parents in advance of a wedding in Gruene. Lost Pines was a wonderful resort, I perhaps played my worst round of golf - ever. Our trip to Gruene was a rainy one, but the our lunch at the Grist Mill was wonderful and Gruene Hall is still as charming as ever!
  9. Antelope Hunt - My dad and I teamed up on a antelope hunt at our place. This hunt was distinctly more challenging than the last hunt we had together a couple of years prior. The broken hand was really an impediment, but we managed to be successful, nonetheless. Great antelope - great mount.

We wish you all the best in 2010!!

No comments: