Tuesday, December 24, 2019

A Walk Down Main Street

Nephew Jack walking an empty street  
What does an empty street look like?  These days, at least where I work, I see vehicles in lines for miles down the expressway.  The streets that feed the expressway are socked full of cars.  Such is life in the city. 
Such a site was uncommon on one trip to Stratford this summer.  The entire Main Street was cleared.  The only people on the street all belonged (or extended) from one family, mine!  It was a memorable experience.  The family members all traveled for miles to meet in one small, Texas Panhandle town to fellowship and revel in times gone by; however, the youth in the group also tell us a story about the future that lies ahead for the family. 
Here on Christmas Eve 2019, I wanted to spend a few moments reflecting on this memory.  Take a few minutes to reflect.  Take a few minutes to be small. Take a few minutes to slow it down.

No comments: