So, the name, as some already know is going to be Brooklyn Nicole. It is a name that just makes a future Daddy's heart melt - it sounds like such a cute, innocent little girl's name!Well, how did we come up with Brooklyn? Neither Holly, nor I had ever known a "Brooklyn" - we had known a "Brook" or two, but never a "Brooklyn". This has been (for a while) the only name that Holly and I both agreed upon and loved. So, again you ask - how did we come up with Brooklyn?
It goes something like this... Holly and I met in January 2005, and in February (after a month of email correspondence and phone calls between Houston and Virginia) I flew to Houston for a "real" date with Holly Nicole. We had to determine if there was a future between us because there had been great communication over the phone and via email. As you know, there indeed was a spark, and we began to fly between Virginia and Houston once or twice a month. In May we scheduled a get-away to New York City because I was going to be gone for about 45 days for some training excercises in the Baltic Sea and North Atlantic. We enjoyed seeing the sites, touring Time Square, and wondering around the city. We enjoyed our first Subway ride together, which is pretty unforgettable (and it is for a New Yorker who was on the "receiving end" of some flying hot chocolate... who knew the subway took off so abruptly!). When it came time for us to part ways at the end of that weekend I found myself not wanting Holly to leave, and she felt the same. We kept saying goodbye, but neither wanted to walk toward our respective gates. When we finally parted ways to Houston and Virginia - I knew she had stolen my heart. It was from that moment all hers.
So, Brooklyn is one of the 5 boroughs of New York City and seems like a perfect name for our little girl.We hope you love, the name. She can't wait to meet you all!
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you two, and can't wait to meet her. I already told Holly I love the name. Looking forward to seeing you in May - two weekends in a row and being able to congratulate you in person!
What a beautiful name..and how special it will be for Brooklyn to hear the story of how her name became about. How special!!
Post a Comment